resource list within a radius?

dacharya
What is (or is there) the quickest way to get list of resource (names/MW) and loads (MW) within ‘X bus radius’ outward from a given bus# or Hubname? For example the Bus Electrical Distance maybe modified with the list of generator name/type/capacity/gen MW or load MW

Re: resource list within a radius?

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi Dhruv,
Although we can't do exactly what you are asking for, we can get you part of the way there:

First create a constraint on top of the bus you want to draw the circle around by opening the Power Flow tool and dragging a line into the Event Tool for a given event. You can skip this step if there is already a constraint near your bus.

Then open the Shift Factor tool.  Type some text into the "Type Unit Name..." and check a random unit.  Press Compute.  Find and click the row header for the constraint on top of your bus.  A new button appears "Show Selected Constraints".  Hit this and a new window appears with units and a SF column which you can sort on.  It doesn't have their capacity and this won't identify any loads.  But at least it's something.

Creating a new display with this content would not be a light lift.  We'd be more willing to entertain if we appreciated how it would be useful to other PAT users.  Can you help us understand what you are trying to do and how this information would be useful?

Thank you Dhruv.

Re: resource list within a radius?

dacharya
Steve,
i will try your suggestion.

The idea is to find out name of specifici resource/capacity in vicinity of the project. tracking this branch by branch in Powerflow tool can be time-consuming especially for a highly networked bus.

Since PAT code already knows resource and loads mapped to each bus for a given hour, I was wondering if -
1) gen name/capacity MW /gen MW (or load) information can be added to Bus Electrical distance tab.
and/or
2) In Powerflow tab, there is a dialogue box that maps shortest path between bus1 (displayed) and bus2 (input into the dialogue box) Rather than "display" maybe a grid could be exported that shows the name of generators/cap etc between both buses. If this is easier, user can try few different end-points in different directions and get the info.

On a related note, this should also help with the 'Capacity Check' tab. It seems to me that currently this tab is tracking only thermal/hydro generators. But the question of N-1 Transmission capacity for wind/solar/battery is as pertinent in my opinion. This would change hour to hour and tracking on hourly basis may be a bit much however could using summer/winter/maxcap of transactions be easier?

Regards,
~Dhruv