Unit Siting Tool Error

Maureen Ochola
The Compute function in the Solver tab is no longer working on the Unit Siting tool after finishing the set-up in the Options tab. This has only started happening after downloading the 2.17.8.0 Version. Not sure if this is just on my end.

RE: Unit Siting Tool Error

Rob Burchett
Administrator

Maureen,

  It’s on our end.  We’ve recently changed the unit siting tool to no longer depend on the WTHC records in the PFF file for a renewable profile.  Instead, we use the much better TRN file to serve as a template for the profiles.  If the TRN file is absent, that would explain your observations.  If the TRN is not in your PFF folder, you’ll have to re-run PROMOD to get one.  Sorry for the pain, but the siting tool should be much more reliable using the TRN rather than the WTHC (in the PFF).  The TRN also shows curtailment, which we are using for many new features.

Again, sorry for not letting you know on this.

Rob

www.PowerAnalyticsSoftware.net

518.384.0872

Re: Unit Siting Tool Error