PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

dacharya
Steve/Rob,

in H-C tool | Hourly Cosntraints - can you add hourly flow MWs and Congestion Rent $ as well? you already have the shadow price.

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi Dhruv,

Check out the video "See Hourly Shadow Prices and Flows for a given constraint" on the videos page.  Right now, you have to look in the FLO/CON tool to see the flows and the HC tool to see the hourly shadow price.  At least you know, if the constraint is binding and has a non-zero shadow price, then it is flowing at its limit.

Can you help me understand what Congestion Rent is?  What's the formula?  We've got Congestion Charge on there.  Probably not the same thing... right?

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Dhruv, just gave you access to our training videos.  Sent you a link to create a password.  Let me know if you have any issues getting in.

For the rest of you... if you can't get in to the Videos page (the tab in the upper right of this website), send me an email or post a request here and I'll get you access.

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

dacharya
Steve, i see that total congestion $ is now listed in Hourly Constraint sub-tab of H-C tool in v2.14.1. The earlier (i guess much earlier) version i was using didn't have that. So i guess PAT already delivered on that!
It is entirely possible that I just wasn't paying attention earlier..

I was using congestion rent/charge/$ interchangeably.

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Good deal!

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

dacharya
Can Average Congestion on H-C tool also show monthly details besides annual?

Re: PAT H-C tool - Hourly constraints

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi Dhruv,
Actually we're planning on a change that will do exactly that.  We're going to let you select hours (you can pick months with the Hour Selection Tool) and then the H-C Tool's Average page will display the results over the hours you've selected.  This is probably 2 weeks out though.  Stay tuned.

You can do monthly and daily in PAT Trader.... ahhh but you don't license that one.  Some day maybe.