Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Greetings. I'm working with multiple runs and I'm finding myself having to search for and check-off 40+ units per run on the Options tab of the APC Reporter. I see the option to Read from CSV, but I'm unsure how the CSV should be laid out (the Help file does not specify).

Once I have my 40+ units checked, is there an easy way for me to export my checked units list so I don't have to reselect them again and again?

Thanks!

RE: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Neil Copeland

Dan, make a CSV file that has the short name of the units in Column A, starting in A1 and going down.  The name of the file can be of your choosing.  I usually add the English name of the unit starting in Column B for a reference but this column is not used.

Regards,

J. Neil Copeland, P.E. | Director, Transmission & Delivery

E: [hidden email]

O: 678.235.7080

Office Location: Georgia

www.nFrontConsulting.com

Greetings. I'm working with multiple runs and I'm finding myself having to search for and check-off 40+ units per run on the Options tab of the APC Reporter. I see the option to Read from CSV, but I'm unsure how the CSV should be laid out (the Help file does not specify).

Once I have my 40+ units checked, is there an easy way for me to export my checked units list so I don't have to reselect them again and again?

Thanks!

To start a new topic under Power Analytics Software Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Power Analytics Software Forum, click here.
NAML

Neil Copeland

RE: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Thank you, Neil! I will try this out and let you know if it works for me.

Re: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Absolutely right Neil.

Dan,
We're working on adding a button right now and it will be done soon.  In the meantime, you can create a list like Norm suggested, or do a little hatchet work on the APC file. Here is a process that might work:

1. Add a case on the front page
2. Go to the options page and read the PFF
3. Select the units you want to see.
4. Go to the front page and save an APC file.
5. Open that APC file in a text editor and you'll find the unit's you've saved.  Keep this text file open because you are going to cut from it momentarily.
6. Restart the APC Reporter
7. Add a new case and save an APC file for it.
8. Open that APC file, cut the units from the first APC file, and paste them into this new APC file in the right spot.
9. Restart the APC Reporter
10. Add the frankenstein's monster ACP file, read it, and hopefully you should have data read for your desired units.

Or just wait a little while for us to make a "Read units from CSV" button.
best,
Steve

Dr. Steve Burchett PE | President | Power Analytics Software 551.482.3477

NAML

Re: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Daniel,
We added the new button "Save CSV" that lets you save the set of selected units to a CSV file.  We released APC Reporter version 1.13.4.0 to everyone's FTP folder along with an updated Help File.

best,
Steve

Re: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Thank you, Steve!

RE: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Neil, I think this is a moot point now, but what do you do when there are several units that have the same short name at the same plant?

Neil Copeland

RE: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Rob Burchett
Administrator
Daniel,
  That should not happen with renewable transactions (please correct me if I'm mistaken) - but for thermals, there should be an integer unit ID recorded in column 2 of the saved csv file.  That should make the unit unique.
Rob

RE: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Yes, I noticed this issue only with thermal units and there is a different column for the unit number in the PROMOD GUI which makes each unit unique.

Re: Is there a way to save selected units for hourly tracking in the APC Reporter?

Daniel Burapavong
Steve, I have tested the new feature with two different runs and it works like a charm. It even correctly identified a missing unit from one run to the next (a unit that had retired). Thanks again!

Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone.