Help...Doesn't open for program

Keith.Smith
When press F1 for help from the PAT tool, the hourglass comes up but the help does not open.  If I attempt to open the help file date 9/1/2020, no data is shown.
Keith

Re: Help...Doesn't open for program

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out.  If you want to fix this problem, you need to start using the latest version.  We recently switched to a new, more cyber-secure delivery and user authentication system with Microsoft Azure's Active Directory and with Digicert-authenticated delivery.  Check out the October 1st post on our What's New Page.

Find the email from info@PowerAnalyticsSoftware.com with a PAT download link.  Click to download the latest MSI installation file.  Click the download to install the program.  Read and agree to the clickwrap terms and conditions.  In order to comply with NERC CIP-013-1 we have to gather user information, but only enough to confirm who you are.  This info is stored behind Microsoft's secure walls and we won't ever sell or otherwise give it away unless required by law. When customers have signed an EULA that includes data collection terms, we will eliminate the click-wrap for them.

We have Digicert authentication that complies with Microsoft Smart Screen Defender.  The installation will create a folder outside of Program Files, so an Administrator Installation is not required.  We made the installation as easy as we possibly could.  You shouldn't need to get your IT department involved unless they have some really aggressive non-Microsoft security software.

When you start using this new installation process, there will be a shortcut to use the PAT on your desktop.  Click that, press F1, and if the help file doesn't come up I'll write our development team some nasty emails and dock their pay.

Let me know if you have any challenges getting set up.  Thanks Keith.