Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

Muhsin Kasheef abdur-rahman
The contingency evaluator currently enables user to inject MW at a bus, but doesn't allow limiting the constraints/contingencies based on the MW impact of the Bus injection on either the contingent facility list or the monitored element. Enabling this feature would enable user to further limit scope of new/modified events impacting the project. For a system like ERCOT, the Contingency evaluator runs fast enough to enable user to evaluate hundreds of hours, but I still generally only want events that impact either a sink or source.

Either enable user to input a bus injection distribution factor threshold on the "Options" tab, or perhaps better enable user to filter events on the "Evaluate" tab based on Distribution factor of either an injection bus or sink (hub).

Re: Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hey Muhsin,
Can you give me a call to discuss?  551.482.3477.

Thank you sir.
Steve

Re: Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

KMcAuliffe
Muhsin,

If you are talking about limiting the events created by the Contingency Evaluator to those events in which a bus has a certain shift factor(or MW impact) to the events, then I also think that is a good idea. I currently have to use a few steps in PAT to create that type of filter.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

dacharya
Steve, is there a followup video coming on this topic?

Re: Enable filter based on Bus Injected Distribution Factor

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hey guys,
This is a good idea.  If you are doing a bus injection at a single site, then include a new column in the Evaluate tab with Shift Factor to that bus.  Then you could sort based on that column, select the top rows and uncheck your selection.  We'll get on that.

In the meantime, I put together a quick video with some other options on our training Video page.  It's called "Different Options for Adding Events around a Bus".  Let me know if this is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Steve