APC Reporter - Unit Tracking and Interpool Tabs

APC Reporter - Unit Tracking and Interpool Tabs

Daniel Burapavong
This post was updated on .
Good afternoon. I have a couple more APC Reporter questions for you before the weekend.

1. On the Unit Tracking tab, when comparing 2 cases, Energy MWh, and having all pools selected on the Data View tab, we are seeing a total energy difference of -51,273 MWh for the year. 1,200,466,836 MWh is the total energy for the base case for the year, so this loss could be considered an insignificant amount (0.004%). Is this simply rounding or could this energy really be leaving the system or something else?

2. Again, we are trying to use the Unit Tracking tab to see differences in Energy MWh between 2 cases. Since a unit can be assigned to a pool or a number of pools, is there a way for us to see how many MWh are increasing and decreasing between different pools? Is that the purpose of the new Interpool tab?

We started trying to do this ourselves using lookups in Excel, but then ran into the issue of single units having multiple companies thus having multiple pools. Does this mean I have to jump through the hoops to populate the .TRN file and re-run PROMOD so I can use the Interpool tab instead? Is the data on the Interpool tab even what I'm looking for? Again, just trying to see the changes in MWh (positive and negative) in each pool from a case comparison.

Thank you.

Re: APC Reporter - Unit Tracking and Interpool Tabs

Rob Burchett
Administrator
Daniel,
  The 51,273 "leak" is likely roundoff, as the values reported in the hourly files are fixed-precision numbers with only 2 significant figures (see the UNT file).  The new interpool tab tracks the "multiparty" transactions between pools (we would prefer to call it Inter-Pool, or Inter-ISO).  The only way to get this information is re-run Promod to put the "Tariff" transactions into the TRN (sorry).  The display with differences turned on should show the total change in pool imports/exports between the two cases.

 I wonder - can't you select one pool at a time and look at the total energy difference between the two cases?  Is that what you're looking for?  Joint-owned units are properly divided among the owner pools (companies, actually), so the difference in generation & renewables should be what you want for a specific pool.  Please correct me if I'm off track.
Rob.
Rob

Re: APC Reporter - Unit Tracking and Interpool Tabs

Daniel Burapavong
Rob, I think you are correct. I was so caught up in the case comparison feature that I didn't think to manually look at cases one by one, pool by pool. We're going to try this and I'll let you know if it doesn't get us what we're looking for. Thanks again.