APC Reporter - Unit Hourly Tab - Production Cost ($)

APC Reporter - Unit Hourly Tab - Production Cost ($)

Daniel Burapavong
Hello. The help file describes the Production Cost ($) on the Unit Hourly tab of the APC Reporter as:

"Production Cost $: The cost of generation: Fuel, O&M, startup, etc. taken from the ACT and UNT files."

Aside from the aforementioned fuel, variable O&M, and startup costs, what could some of the "etc." costs be? Emissions costs? Anything else? Just trying to understand my output fully.

Thank you.

Re: APC Reporter - Unit Hourly Tab - Production Cost ($)

Rob Burchett
Administrator
Daniel,
  That might be a better question for our friends at ABB (Hitachi?).  My answer to that would be things like emissions (which you mention), and bid adjustments.  I'm not sure how PROMOD computes the production cost values in the UNT file - maybe it's from heat mmbtu x (fuel cost + O&M) + emissions, or it may be taken from the area under the cost curves + startup.  We would be interested to hear from the PROMOD people on that question.
Rob

Re: APC Reporter - Unit Hourly Tab - Production Cost ($)

Daniel Burapavong
Rob, I asked our friends at Hitachi and they confirmed it's fuel + VOM + emissions costs. Also, if it's the first hour a unit starts, startup cost may be included too.