8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
Hello. I have what may be a simple question, but I can't figure out how to do it. I know how to get 8760 hub LMPs using PAT. Is there a way to get 8760 bus LMPs?

In the PROMOD database that I'm working with, the LMP Reports flag wasn't set to "Yes" for any buses. I'm trying to avoid having to switch on the flags, re-run PROMOD, and use Report Agent to produce the output. I figure if PAT can save me on the hub level, surely it can do the same on the bus level?

Thanks!

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
I think I was able to figure out a way to get 8760 generator bus LMPs using not PAT, but the APC Reporter (as shown in the image below). However, I'm still at a loss for 8760 load bus LMPs. Does anyone happen to know? Thanks.

RE: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Neil Copeland

Dan, have you used the LMP PtP tab over to the right?  If your busses are activated in PMIV they will come out there.  If not activated then I am not aware of a way.

Regards,

J. Neil Copeland, P.E. | Director, Transmission & Delivery

E: [hidden email]

O: 678.235.7080

Office Location: Georgia

www.nFrontConsulting.com

RE: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
Hey Neil. I saw that (the LMP PtP) tab, but since I don't have the buses activated, it did not help. I was just wondering if there was a way PAT or APC Reporter can give me load bus LMPs for buses I did not activate, similar to how PAT can give me load hub LMPs for a load hub I did not define before I ran the model.

Thanks Neil. Hope you are doing well!

RE: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi guys,

Try using the H-C tool.  It's my little girls' birthday or I'd be in the office and make you guys a quick video.

1. Drag and drop your HRX
2. Solve an hour
3. Go to the H-C tool, LMP Calculator tab
4. Enter a bus into the Source Bus window.  You will know you have a legit one when a yellow box populates to the right.
5. Press Compute.
6. Copy the data in the table and paste it wherever you want. Or Save a CSV directly.

This will give you the LMP for any bus you want.  These numbers are the result of calculation in the PAT when you press compute (pretty fast I think?) not something you have to select before you run the model in PROMOD.

Hope this helps.

http://power-analytics-software-forum.3792.n8.nabble.com/8760-LMPs-for-Specific-Buses-tp599p604.html

Neil Copeland

Thanks Steve. My LMPs are showing up as zero. Please see below. Am I missing a step? The yellow box to the right of the source bus did not populate. Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be putting as the sink bus if needed.

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
Hi Daniel,
The yellow box to the right of the place where you typed that number doesn’t show anything. If you entered a valid name or number, something would pop into that yellow box. You should be able to see an example of that in the help file. Maybe use the Power Flow Tool to find the bus you are looking at?  I’m at a drive through zoo right now or I’d show you.  Hope this works.

Sent from my iPhone

http://power-analytics-software-forum.3792.n8.nabble.com/8760-LMPs-for-Specific-Buses-tp599p606.html
NAML

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Steve_Burchett
Administrator
You have to enter a bus name into the field, not a number.

Also, you might try the LMP tab on the LP Solution Window. Select load buses instead of hubs and zones.

NAML

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
Entering the bus name instead of number did the trick. Interestingly, after entering the bus name, PAT put it in the yellow box and populated the peach box with the bus number which I was originally entering.

Thanks, Steve and Neil. Enjoy the drive-thru zoo.

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
Hey Steve, I have a follow-up question. What is causing the difference in the LMPs in the columns circled below? It is the same generator bus from the same PROMOD Results files. The LMPs that the PAT has calculated are different than what the APC Reporter is showing. Some hours vary by more than $2/MW which is not insignificant.

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Rob Burchett
Administrator
Daniel,
 It's due to the different way they care computed.They should be close, but not exact.  The APC Reporter LMP come directly from Promod - the LMP from PAT are computed from PROMOD shadow prices (from the HRX file) and the PAT's own shift factors.  Because the LP solutions can differ slightly between the two programs, the LMP will also differ in some degree.  The purpose of the H-C tool in PAT is to quickly find hours with large LMP swings, allowing a quick solution in the PAT to investigate the cause.  While we hope the differences are relatively minor, that may not always be the case.
Rob

Re: 8760 LMPs for Specific Buses

Daniel Burapavong
Thank you, Rob. Have a good weekend.